Acupuncture is an ancient healing art that originates in China. There are ancient Chinese texts written over 2000 years ago which describes a system of diagnosis and treatment which correlates with modern acupuncture texts. It is therefore a very well established system of medicine that has preventative medicine at its heart.
- A treatment with acupuncture involves the insertion of very thin, steralised, single use needles into certain points of the body.
- Acupuncture does not hurt and is very relaxing to have done.
- An average of 12 to 14 needles are used during a treatment. Needles are left in place for 30-35 minutes.
- A full consultation lasts 45 minutes to one hour.
- Acupuncture is not only excellent for the treatment of conditions but is very effective preventative medicine tool so can be used when one is well to manage stress and to maintain health.
What does the science say?
The W.H.O. World Health Organisation has reviewed the research carried out and issued a list of conditions that have shown benefit from Acupuncture Treatment some of which are listed below. Acupuncture: Review and Analysis of Reports on Controlled Clinical Trials
Pain, Back pain, sciatica, fertility and gynaecology, headache, arthritis, addiction, nausea, induction of labour, breech presentation, digestive issues, insomnia. For a full list of what we treat click on the “how we can help” tab above.